we heart it pictures

Heart It

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Island in an island

Hellllooooo there

You know when you read some nice articles somewhere and you wish you'll do it or go to that location? Well after reading someone's blog about an island in Singapore island where I don't need to bring my passport, I jump into the bandwagon and rode off to that island. (actually it was a boat, not a wagon but you get my point)

So I dragged one of my friend to accompany me to this mysterious and historical island. It was St. John and Kusu Island. We had to pay a round trip of $8 (?) from marina south pier, sorry please dismiss the lack of proper direction, it happened few months back, I have poor memory. LOL

Anyway, as the boat first stop was at St. John island, we took a big tour and we followed the crowd to the famous hidden beach which is apparently not so secret anymore at Lazarus Island! The water looks blue and it was full of people but it was too hot for me to dive in, it was about 2pm, the sun is high!

We took a short break and ate some bread we brought and climb aboard the small ferry to another island- Kusu Island. Story passed down by both Malays and Chinese in Singapore says a magical tortoise turned itself into an island to save two shipwrecked sailors - a Malay and a Chinese. However the island was much smaller than St. John and there was no beach for you to swim in it. Only mud and dirty sand.

I was totally disappointed that the website said there was a beach, probably it was low tide but I reached that island around 4pm. Hence, we ended up touring the beach and climb the stairs to visit the holy shrines of Malay saints and Chinese temples.

I return with bad sunburn.



the not-so-secret beach at Lazarus Island




would you dare to dive into that?





xoxo luv sapphirejest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love from Me